Honoring the Past, Empowering the Future
Members of the YWCA Madison Legacy Society are women and men who are part of the history of the YWCA and want to do more for the future by leaving a gift from their estate to the YWCA Madison. These thoughtful people plan to leave the world a better place through their legacy gifts. With a legacy gift, individuals of even modest means can help preserve and expand the work of the YWCA Madison for future generations.
The YWCA is often the recipient of gifts that were planned years before we received them. Many times we are unaware that these planned gifts existed and were not able to fully thank and recognize these caring people for their generosity.
The YWCA Madison Legacy Society was established to provide the opportunity for our thoughtful donors to make a lasting gift for the future and to be honored in the present for their generosity and vision. The YWCA Madison Legacy Society provides recognition for those who have included the YWCA in their estate plans. Membership benefits include:
- Invitations to special events to recognize members of the Society,
- A specially designed lapel pin,
- A specially designed crystal memento, and
- Acknowledgment in the YWCA Annual Report.
Membership in the Society is open to any individual or couple who includes gifts to the YWCA Madison, Inc. in their estate plans. Membership in the Society may be obtained by making a planned gift in any of the following ways:
- A bequest in your will directing a percentage of your estate, fixed amount, or contingency statement which will direct an eventual gift to the YWCA Madison.
- Creating a trust or life estate agreement that eventually directs all or part of the principal or earnings to the YWCA Madison.
- Establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity or Pooled Income Fund Agreement to benefit the YWCA Madison.
The gifts provided through one or more of the above methods can be made through a gift or bequest of money, land, stocks and bonds, life insurance, savings or checking accounts or CDs, and assets in a qualified IRA. We encourage you to consult with your financial adviser and tax professional to assist you in making a thoughtful and effective estate plan. Working with these professionals will help you to fully evaluate personal and family issues of importance to you as well as your wishes for any charitable donation to the YWCA Madison.
Designating My Gift
Members of the Society can make their gifts without restriction for the mission of the YWCA Madison where it is needed most. Members of the Society may also designate their gifts be used for specific YWCA programs such as:
- Race & Gender Equity Programs;
- Housing & Shelter Programs;
- Job Training Programs; or
- Transportation Programs.
With the generosity and vision of thoughtful donors to the YWCA Madison we will be able to assure that our mission of empowering women, children and families and the elimination of racism continues into the future for the benefit of generations to come.
Have you included the YWCA Madison in your estate plans? Let us know by filling out the Legacy Society Application.